I love coconut; Coconut milk, oil, flakes...
But sometimes a whole can of coconut milk is a bit much for me to consume in a timely fashion. It can be a bit heavy for me especially during times of colitis symptoms. Since I have been off diary, I really miss a hot cup of thick yummy something. I have also been making gummies with grass fed gelatin. I tried some with coconut milk and found myself still downing them too fast. One day, I decided to drop a couple of these coconut milk gummies in my cup and added hot water in it. I gave it a stir an and... voila, I got a cup of instant hot coconut milk drink with the power of gelatin. I found this drink very satisfying and also convenient in its individual serving size. My second batch I added curcumin in it as I have been reading about all the Golden milk posts. I am fighting a bit of sniffles so it is perfect timing for this healing drink. My next batch will be a cocoa version of it. Stay tuned
Here is the recipe I used
- 1 can 400ml coconut milk ( I use AROY D organic)
- 2 tbsp grass fed gelatin ( I use Great Lake Grass fed gelatin )
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or raw honey
- 4 tbsp organic turmeric
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- Dissolve gelatin in coconut milk in a pot under low heat
- Add maple syrup or raw honey
- Stir in turmeric
- Once gelatin is melted, pour into silicon liners set in muffin tray
- Refrigerate until set 30 mins
I cut each puck in half and store them in a jar in the fridge.
When you are ready to use, take a half puck out, place in mug, add hot water and stir.