AIP Crispy Porky Belly
Serves 4 Prep time 10 mins Cook time 1 hour
- 1 lb. Pork belly ( pasture is best, I buy mine from Big Bear Ranch, BC, Canada )
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- sea salt
- juice of 1/4 lime
- Preheat oven to 475F, bring pot of hot water to boil ( big enough to semi submerge only the skin down)
- Scald pork belly skin only in hot water for a minute or so. The skin will shrink and tighten.
- Lay pork belly skin down and sprinkle and all spices on meat and sides, squeeze lime juice on meat side too and rub well.
- Put seasoned pork belly ( skin side DOWN) on wire rack roasting pan and roast in oven for 10-15 minutes
- Take pan out and flip th pork belly over exposing the skin side. Prick skin with shape knife. Rub Sea salt on skin and roast for another 25-30 minutes until skin is golden brown and crispy.
- You may need to broil it on High for 5 mins if the skin is not bubbling.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes, cut and serve. I like to squeeze some lemon juice over the meat before serving.