Our West Coast Spring might have come a little early but we still get a lot of rain. Today was a wet one, I have been precooking peeled apples and asian pears lately for a warm soothing treat. I decided to add the cooked fruit into my blended hot tea for a thicker consistency and fiber. This warm and cozy drink was inspired by apple pie now that I am slowly reintroducing apples back into my low FODMAP diet.
>This blog post contains affiliate links. Click here to learn more what it means.
Serves 1 Prep time 5 mins Cook time 10 mins pre-cooking fruit
- 1/2 small peeled and sliced apple
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 1/4 tsp grated ginger root or ginger powder
- 1/2 c brewed ginger tea ( see instructions here )
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp collagen ( I use this one)
- In a small pot with tight fitting lid, cook apple slices with ginger in water over low heat for 10 mins or until soft
- Add all ingredients together in a heat proof container
- Blend until smooth with immersion blender
- Pour and serve
- Sprinkle more cinnamon ( optional )